Hello Blogging World!! I have to thank you all SOOOO much for the encouragement and support! I can't tell you how much it means to me. I'm sooo glad I "met" Mean Stepmom and my counselor encouraged a journal/blog. This has done me more good than I could even tell you!! I've finally been able to connect with other stepmoms that understand! :-) Thank you. I sooo appreciate everyone's encouragement!
Ok, so Younger called today. She got her work schedule. I got the time off of work (i'm sooo grateful that my boss is VERY family oriented!). Actually, the first call was answered with (after my "hello")... by Younger... I should have listened to you. I actually didn't give her any advice. Apparently her gf is beating her (oh by the way, my straight daughter switched teams in March. I support her with whatever good choices she makes and IF she was actually a lesbian... fine, whatever... but she's not. I swear to you, I comment on how hot other woman are more than she does and I'm 100% straight). I didn't advise her with anything. I did tell her that she was WORTH more than that. She doesn't deserve to be hit. Apparently, it didn't stop at hitting. This girl tried to choke Younger and Younger finally hit her in the side of the head because she couldn't breathe. I explained the difference between fighting and defending yourself. I left it at that, but I did ask if she was safe/away from that girl. She was. She had a good friend (I spoke with her friend and she SEEMS pretty squared away) with her until I pick her up.
So, going to that. I pick Younger up at 8 am tomorrow. We're going to the lake and camping out for a night. She works Friday at 11, so it will be a short trip, but maybe that's ordained for it. It's fine. I've talked to my counselor several times. Hubby and I talked today for an hour and he's being SOO supportive of ME (he wishes it was him) bringing her away for a day and a half alone. I'm sooo grateful for that because 90% of our arguments have centered around Younger.
I have basically 2 of everything packed... bathing suits, sweats... everything. I am bringing the jetski, but no extra gas. When we run out, jetski's done and it's time to chill. I don't know what this weekend looks like, but I do know my daughter's hurting and in need. I don't exactly know what she's in need of, but I suppose I will find out and roll with it. I love and miss her, I want the best for her, if we can be a part of the best for her (which, she's 18, she HAS to make us a part or we need to let it go), we will support her.
Well, I'm done posting. Again, thank you for the support and encouragement. I love you guys!!! :-) your comments make me feel sooo special and are soo helpful! My hubby's headed to bed... so am I.
Thanks for reading!
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Have a fab break with your daughter, and have a good natter with her.
ReplyDeleteHope she is OK!
Bev
I think the time away will do you good. I imagine you will have several heart-to-heart talks and get a lot of things out in the open. Hopefully it will make things go smoother when you get back home too. Have a wonderful time!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great plan. Have fun!!!
ReplyDeleteHope you have (had) a good outing!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!
It's nice to hear that your counsellor has encouraged a blog! That's great and very validating to know as well! I am so glad it is helping you, I know doing this has made a huge difference in my life! Have fun, fun, fun!- G
ReplyDelete