Tomorrow morning, I'm going to a local university to sign up to take Quantum Physics... hence the nightmares! I need to take Quantum and then Electronics and Magnetism (E&M) just to apply to my graduate degree program.
I graduated from West Point in May of 2004 with a degree in Math and a minor in Nuclear Engineering. So, my friends think Quantum Physics wouldn't be tooooo intimidating. WRONG! I've been out of the academics for over 5 years now and I'm jumping into a class that I've always thought of as the "Nirvana of Smart!" :-) I was hoping to take E&M first... it's more gradual and would give me a bit of time to get back into the swing of things. I have to actually go to class as if I'm a full time student, not a semi-student with a full time (plus) job. I'll be going to school (as long as I don't chicken out tomorrow) from 1:25 to 2:20 in the afternoon MWF. It will take some juggling. There are only 4 other people signed up for the class, which is good because I'll definitely need a small class to get back into the swing of things.
I've never felt stupid before dealing with the girls... but that was street smart stupid. This stupid that I'm feeling now is academically... which I've never felt before (or at least recently! There were plenty of english/history classes that made me feel stupid, but that's not my strong point) in a subject that (used to) comes naturally to me. Ugh. Let's hope I don't chicken out!
I'm headed to St. Simon's Island, GA tomorrow. I'll let you know if I've chicked out or actually signed up sometime over the weekend. WHEN I sign up for school tomorrow, I'll be purchasing at least one of the two required books (theres 6 "suggested" books) and reading it on the way to attempt to get schooled up again!
Thanks for reading again!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

One day at a time!
ReplyDeleteYou can do it!