I'm royally pissed at my youngest... She's "learning things the hard way". That's her choice, but I don't have to like it. BLUF: She was a coke head... had a still born at 15... we finally got custody... sent her to a rehab/self-development/college prep program for 20 months (school cost more than my house!) and she did really well for the first 3 months she was home. Apparently it's easier to make stupid choices than to make good ones. Investested more money and time than I could possibly explain.
Anyway, we removed her from our house the day of graduation. We literally had our neighbor come over during graduation to change the locks. She's been out of here since May 23, 2009. She is never in touch unless she wants something. Today's idea was that we would give her $60 cash to pay her phone bill. Her "really responsible" friends that she's living with apparently stole her money. I guess she's decided that we will suddenly give the "ex"-druggie money. Weirdness.
She signed up for the Navy several months ago. She's leaving in April (not soon enough!... it'll be good for her), she works at Subway part-time and couch hops. Apparently her newest idea is to stay relatively permanent until she goes to the Navy. Her way of doing this is to kick some other woman out of her apt, get on the lease, take custody of a 13 y/o with her "friend" that has no job. WTH??? BTW, she got a dog. Did I mention her friend has NO job, she works part time at Subway, and she's LEAVING in April! Oh yeah, and when she goes in April, she'll be the lowest enlisted person and won't actually be able to live off post until she's an E5 (which means several years).
Apparently, my youngest isn't the idiot... I am. My years (I know that I am not that old... but I have a TON of experience for my age) in the Army and experience in my life and with the girls and credit companies and leases and buying a house and finances I guess makes me an idiot because apparently I know nothing.
Ok... that's my rant. WTH is an 18 y/o idiot doing attempting to steal a lease from a grown woman (no matter how irresponsible that woman is), take custody of a 13 y/o and take care of a dog without the ability to even pay a cell phone bill??!?!?!?! It baffles me. I don't get it. I hope blogging about it will help.
Out for now. I'm all fired up, but need to chill before bedtime. Thanks for reading!
Monday, August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I hate to hear she is making such selfish, irresponsible choices, knowing she'll be gone in April. Did you pay the cell phone bill? I hope not.
ReplyDeleteHow can she kick someone off the lease? It stinks that she would do that to another person. Can you call CPS for the 13-year-old? That sounds like a pretty bad deal for the 13-year-old, even if she sgreed to it. (And SPCA for the dog, YIKES.)
ReplyDeleteHang in there!
I have a policy with my kids that I don't hand out cash. They can present the bill, and IF (and that's a big word most of the time) I have the money, I will pay the bill directly. And none of my kids have had a drug habit, it's just the rule I've always had. Now, that doesn't apply to the ones still at home but I rarely hand cash out to them either. They want cash, they can earn it.
ReplyDeleteI haven't ever given the girls cash. They were both into drugs when I started dating my hubby, so it's always been a rule. The only way I would even consider paying her cell bill is if she was being a responsible adult and apologized to treating her dad and I like crap for the last 3.5 months she was in our house. So... no... I didn't pay it.
ReplyDelete