Sunday, August 16, 2009
Camping was AWESOME!
Oh my goodness! :-) We had sooo much fun! It was like a second honeymoon. No watches, no work phone, pretty much no signal on both phones, just time to chill with my hubby!
Well, he got home and packed up by 1130 on Friday, but I still had to work until 3. We were on the road by 4. About 5 minutes into the drive, I got a call on the BB. :-( We were troubleshooting 1 persons account between me, the user, and the BB Server person. It was craziness! Anyway, I was on the phone almost the whole ride (it was like an hour away) and I could see Hubby's distaste in my choice to be on the phone instead of chatting. He was already impatient that I couldn't get off work as early as he could. So, for the first time, I left the problem in BB Server Person's hands. I usually stay on the calls even when I personally can't fix the problem. But it was 5:30 ish (we had to stop on the way) when we were pulling in towards the camping area, and I actually got off a work call! Sounds pretty natural for most people, but it was a huge deal for me. I usually work 10-20 hours overtime a week for no overtime pay... actually, no pay at all (we don't get overtime or comp time). I have a bit of an issue with working too much. But I'm getting better.
Anyway, we pulled into the place, got register, got our camping spot, and started unpacking. We had camp set up in about an hour. It was an AWESOME camping area!!! :-) We had our tent with our queen size air mattress, full bed set up, 2 trunks (lining the side of the tent that wasn't taken up by the bed, and the food set up drawer thing. It was sooo great! We were chilling the whole weekend.
On Sat, Older and Edward, Shaun (grandbaby), our friends Jimmy, Jenny, their kids, and Tami from work all came out. We tubed, we rode the ski, we hung out, we grilled, it was great! Oh, I forgot, I made breakfast on Sat morning... TOTALLY burnt the bacon! Ridiculously burned it! :-) It was still a pretty decent breakfast considering the fact that I don't know how to cook on propane. It's WAY different!
So, new plan... depending on weather, of course. we'll head to the camping site after Hubby finishes golfing next weekend and go out on the jetski again. Hang out over night. This time we're thinking about bringing the boys! :-) (the dogs). Hopefully everything works out. Ok... I'm going to try to load some pix from the weekend... if it doesn't work, I'll do it in another post! :-)
Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Looks like you had a blast! I'm glad - You deserve it!
ReplyDeleteHello! I found you on Mean Stepmom's blog. Great post! It looks like an awesome camping trip. And that's one impressive tent. :)
ReplyDelete