Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Productive first two days!

Ok... we got home from St Simon's Island after our 12.5 hour drive (BOO!!) with the jetski on the back of the truck. :-) It's the best investment so far, I believe. We're going to have so much "cheap" fun on the weekends now while we pinch pennies to finish paying off Younger's schooling.

Yesterday, I managed to work a full day, run errands for 1.5 hours, mow the lawn (it's HUGE and we only have a push mower... not self propelled! My Samoan Hubby thinks we still live in Samoa 20 yrs ago and can't use easy "American" stuff! :-P), give both boys a bath and make dinner! :-) Tonight, I finished up a little side part of the lawn that I didn't quite finish yesterday, went out with Hubby and our friend Mike, got a shower, and am now blogging. :-)

We're going camping on Friday (through Sunday), and I am sooo excited! We have all our stuff. I made a 4 page list of what to bring. Hubby thinks that we ANOTHER cooler! I think we have enough, but I guess we'll see. Anyway, we still have to buy food for the weekend, beer, and ice. I think we need to get a bit more OFF! because we're running out quickly and only put it on in the evening here. Tomorrow after work, Hubby and I are driving down to Opry Mills to go to Bass Pro Shop for the last couple camping needs/wants. Hopefully I'll be able to find a life vest that I feel more comfortable in other than the one I currently have. The one I have feels a bit loose and makes me nervous if I fall of the ski. I'm really excited... so other than work this week, we're just prepping for the camping trip. YAYAY!!!

I did talk with Older today. She's doing well! I told her I called to say Hi and I love you and we chatted for about 5 min. She'd just been released from work, so she had to go pick up Shaun and Ed and then go home, but she had a good day. I like to hear that.

Younger blew off the dentist this week. Didn't even respond to Hubby's reminder text. I just hope we don't get charged for her no-show. On the plus side, she hasn't bothered to call and ask us for anything... that little bit's getting old. I'm also glad that she hasn't asked to come on the jetski.

Well, I'm watching America's Got Talent and waiting to vote for #6, then off to bed. Looking forward to camping so much I hope I can come up with something else to blog about the rest of the week! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. so glad you're having fun with the new jetski! Camping is going to be a blast!

    ReplyDelete