Sunday, August 23, 2009

Whirlwind weekend, but great!

Bedroom "remodel" :-) MUCH BETTER!!!

1/2 of the office! (check out the chalkboard and the NERD Math clock above it!)

Other 1/2 of the office :-)

Hubby and the boys! :-)


WHEW! What a weekend! I've been working on the office since Wed. Kept working on it til the weekend. I had "huge" plans for Sat morning... moving furniture around... getting ready to camp... all that jazz. Well, I spent and hour on the phone with my mom, spent time checking out the blogs, finally got to the camping stuff! :-) I filled up the truck, got tea (diet and regular), A1 steak sauce, marinated steaks, ice... even packed the cooler 100% better than the last time. :-) I'm getting good at this. I was able to pack the truck bed so well that we could still fit the boys in their kennel. :-) I was sooo happy about that b/c Hubby didn't really want to bring them this weekend (it was only a 21 hour camping experience). They aren't the most socialized dogs. They weigh 80 lbs each, and while Hubby was deployed, there was NO way I could walk them together by myself. Needless to say, they aren't that good on a leash. Anyway, I got everything packed up and ready to go by the time Hubby got back from golfing (it was sooo sweet, he rushed home b/c he knew I was excited about camping... on top of that, turns out he didn't even really want to go, but knew I did... worked out anyway!). I didn't get the house cleaned up or furniture moved, but I got the most important part done... that was packing well for camping. :-)

Ok... Enough rambling. We had a great time. It's weird, if we had stayed here, I would have been sooo "busy" that I wouldn't have felt like relaxing. Nothing (to me) is better than getting away, even if for a day, from the house... no TV, no internet, no missing Younger at the house (she's never come camping w/ us, so it's hard to "miss" her there, easy to "miss" her here)... just me and my hubby and good camping food. :-) Oh, yeah, and the jetski! :-) Speaking of video, I'll try to post my jetski video that Hubby took. Anyway, feeling great and rested with the time at the lake and I LOVED having my boys (the dogs) there!

Got home, unloaded and unpacked in less that 30 minutes!!! WOOHOO!! We're getting good at this! I went to pick up Sonic for dinner (thank you, hubby, for the suggestion because I SOOO didn't want to cook again!), came home, ate, and started moving furniture. I'm about done with the office. I want to build a bench with storage b/w the two book cases (i love woodworking) and then build a different desk. I'd like to build one that will fit the boys' kennel (they're still to crazy to not sleep in a kennel) inside it. Anyway, I need to wait until after 2 paydays. I get my "allowance" and the next week, my disability. That money together I can buy enough wood to build that stuff. So, other than that, that's the goal for my new study office. Oh, I'm going to post pix, so the black rectangle on the wall is a chalkboard. Chalkboard paint is the coolest thing ever! :-)

The bookcases that you'll see in the office used to be on either side of our bed. Like I said, I had some furniture to move!!! I moved the bookcases from our bedroom to the office, and had to move the end tables (that you'll see in the bedroom) from Younger's old room into ours. Younger's room has become the garage-sale-catch-all, so it was not an easy move. Plus, I stuck the boys in her room until I build my new desk. Anyway, I'm really proud of the amount of crap I've managed to get done since Wed. I had a yucky, cluttered office and a crowded bedroom and now I have a decent office (will be better once the furniture is done), and a much more "grown up" bedroom. :-) Plus, I had a great weekend! :-)

Ok, well, I'm going to attempt to post the video and the pix. I need to relax b/c I'm a bit wound up from being excited. Hope everyone else had a great weekend! Looking forward to catching up on my blogs tomorrow morning! :-) Thanks for reading! :-) I think the video and pix were posted above... my bad! :-)


2 comments:

  1. Your new office looks great - very functional with lots of room to study! Cool chalkboard too.

    I don't think I would have wanted to go camping for 21 hours either. It is too much work to pack/unpack everything. I want at least 48 hours :)

    It's great that you have found a new activity to take your mind off Aly though. I need to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice re-do! It looks great. I love the color in the bedroom. I agree that a 21 hour camping trip seems like alot of work, but if you feel more relaxed in the end, then woo-hoo. And I am sure spending a night outdoors probably made coming home to that lovely bedroom all the sweeter! - G

    ReplyDelete