Well, Hubby and I talked this afternoon, and we're fine now. I appreciate the comments because it really helped me out. I was just immediately hurt, but we talked about it and worked everything out. It's interesting because we have to continue working on communications constantly! :-) Thanks so much for all your kind words and info. :-)
I just got off work. It was a crazy day. My stupid computer keeps dying and erasing everything I have. I worked on Wed til 6 to work on a presentation that my LTC needed this week and then everything got erased. :-( So, yesterday I had to bring my computer to get fixed. It WAS fixed, but it took all day. So, today, I went to redo my presentation and my stupid computer died again! I got about an hours worth of work done before I had to leave for class. I got 2 calls about the stupid presentation DURING class, and then I rushed back to the office to finish up a crappy presentation (it was crappy b/c I was rushing). I "finished" enough to turn it in and my LTC was gone! That was good and bad. The good is that I have the weekend to go back and make it look all pretty and a little more clear. The bad is that I didn't complete my job in the time that I was supposed to. :-( I don't like that. I never miss a suspense, and I don't want work to think that school is getting in the way of work. :-( Hopefully I will just knock his socks off on Monday morning and then I'll be good to go.
I got a call from Younger this morning. She called early and apparently she and her other unemployed friends managed to rent a house? I guess they are renting it. Whatever. Anyway, she called and wanted the number to the electric company. Once again... I basically haven't heard from her since 9 September except for her to call and ask me for something (3 times total, including today). So, I told her I couldn't get the number for her and suggested she get a phone book. Then I told her that her Navy recruiter has been looking for her. (Her recruiter has basically given up on her, so the most productive decision that she's made in the last 6 months is down the toilet now). I told her I loved her and hung up. This went NOTHING like the conversation that I had rehearsed in my head. I was going to tell her I wasn't a phone book and I'm not google maps. But I didn't. I just said no and I love her.
Yesterday she called Hubby to ask if she can use our $100 air mattress indefinitely. No, Hi... how are you?... just can I have.... gimme gimme. She also phoned Older to see if her sister would call her mom for her to ask her mom for her air mattress. Hmmm... let's see... right before she disappeared off the face of the earth, she stole $200 from her mom. Hmmm... answer's gonna be NO! Maybe she should have saved the $200 that she stole. Whatever. Anyway, I'm just done with all of it. Older and I had a good conversation today about everything. It was short but good.
Speaking of Older. She went to orientation for school on Tuesday! :-) She's going to school to be an LPN. I'm SOOOO proud of her! Less than a year ago, we were bailing an 8 month pregnant stupid kid out of jail. Now, I have a great relationship with a responsible, hard working mother that wants to better her life! :-) Yes, I'm talking about the same girl... well, now woman! :-) It's been a tremendous year of growth. Not only for her but for me too. I've managed to learn so much about my ability (and inability) to let go of things out of my control and just been an encouragement. Anyway, we did find out that because she pleaded guilty to her felony (which b/c of that, she's probably not going to jail since she was accountable) it's going to be much more difficult to be an LPN. When I called to see how orientation went, she was soooo discouraged. Older was soo excited to do something with her life and go to school. She was so proud of herself and her little bubble popped! :-( We talked for a while, I told her that if she wanted to be an LPN, where there's a will, there's a way. We'll find a way to make it happen.
Sure enough, I spoke with my aunt (she started as an LPN and is now a nurse practitioner) and she gave me some places to look. Turns out TN/KY Board of Nursing will review anyone's information (that has a felony) on a case by case basis. All you have to do (i make this sound simple, and it obviously isn't) is prove to the board you're rehabilitated. Then they will let you take the license exam. Then she has to prove again to her potential employer the same thing. I explained to her that it wouldn't be an easy road, but it's possible if that's something she really wants. She said that her bubble had totally burst and it was filling back up again! :-) I love the relationship that I have with her now. It's SOOO awesome. I can't even explain! :-) I hope she goes ahead and goes to school. It won't be easy, but I KNOW she can do it! :-)
So, there were definitely some positives and negatives to this week, but it was definitely a full one. I have yet to do any homework this week. I'll start working on it again tomorrow afternoon. I have about 7 problems left and 2 weekends to do them in. I'm going to try to get all of them started/done this weekend. Then I can ask all the questions I need to. Additionally, I have my next test on my day off (Columbus Day), so I will have part of the day to study. The other part, I'm bringing Older on a date day and we're getting pedicures. That should balance out the total suck of the test. :-)
I'm going to get off here for now. Thanks again for all your comments and support. I can't tell you how much of a difference you mean to me. Have a great weekend!
Thanks for reading!
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just found your blog. I was starting to think I was the only one getting into a family with teens already in trouble. We are getting married next week, his 18-yr-old son goes to jail the day after. The 16-yr-old daughter is threatening to emancipate and/or run away, the younger ones are learning disrespect from these two... Can't tell you how much I needed to know that it is possible to get through it all. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you could talk it out. Older seems to be doing well. That's great! Younger will get there eventually :)
ReplyDeleteHang in there and have a wonderful weekend!
Glad things are getting better, and Older seems to be doing the right things right now! Younger just has to learn from her own mistakes. I know it's hard to be patient, but hang in there :)
ReplyDelete