Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What a Day!

Ok... so I've caught up on some blogs and I've commented on as many as I could. I am sorry I've missed everyone a TON! :-)

Well, today was a little nutso. I have some news. If you guys didn't know Hubby is from Samoa. If you haven't been near a TV today, there was a 7.9 (Rickter sp? Scale) earthquake about 50 miles from American Samoa today. I'm not sure how far from Western Samoa. For those of you who don't know, American Samoa is like Puerto Rico... US territory. Anyway, my Hubby grew up there and joined the Army to get off the island. So, I don't work near any TV or news and I got a call from my MIL around 1ish today. She let me know what was going on, and that everyone was safe from the earthquake. They were moving to the highest ground on the island (golf course) and she'd call when she could. Thankfully, she called a couple hours later and said, the tsunami hit (which was expected with an ocean floor earthquake) and it was 20ft. Their side of the island wasn't hit. She, Dad, Grandma, and Uncle/Aunt were safe and sound!!! Thank goodness! I'm sooo grateful for the news. In all reality, that could have wiped our Hubby's family in one day if they weren't acting quickly and if they'd lived on the opposite side of the island. So far, there are 30 reported deaths in American Samoa and 2 whole villages wiped out in Western Samoa (where Survivor: Samoa is being filmed).

Please pray for the families of everyone there... whether survivors or because they have lost family. I know I haven't blogged in a while, but I wanted to jump on to see if we could get a couple extra prayers.

Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks.

Thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad that your hubby's family is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm so glad to hear your in-laws are OK. I'm praying for all those people out there right now. Take care - G

    ReplyDelete