Sunday, September 6, 2009

I'm not dead...

I'm totally fine... sorry it's been so long! Oh my goodness... I've been studying at least 2 hours a night and still worrying about work and home... but it's all good. ;-) It seems stressful in the moment, however, my Hubby's been REALLY helpful and really supportive. I think I'm probably just beating myself up and worrying more than I should.

So, I've been gone since thursday afternoon. We've been in Nashville all weekend (since Thurs afternoon evening). My hubby had his first Jetski Race! :-) He won 4th place out of 7 (which is AWESOME!!! The other 3 boats were sooo wicked fast... definitely NOT off the assembly line) which is AWESOME for his first race. He did sooo well! He didn't miss any turns, which is apparently unusual in a first race! :-) Plus, he looks SOOOO sexy with all his racing gear! :-) We got some GREAT pix. I have to get them from him, but I'll try to remember to post some in the next couple of days. We spent a ton of money on Jetski stuff (this sport doesn't get cheaper!) but it seems like all worthwhile investments. BTW, I'm racing the ski next year. I had way too much fun! :-)

Ok... School is kicking my butt. Not terribly though. I've been doing at least 2 hours of hw a night. My hubby's being AWESOME about it. I struggled and struggled on my homework, and felt triumphant in class on Friday! I'd FINALLY figured something out! :-) I also was the only one in the class to figure it out. :-) WOOHOO!!! I call my Hubby and the first words out of my mouth are... I'M NOT STUPID!!! :-) I've felt like such an idiot and sooo stupid for the last week, and I finally figured some stuff out. I still have a lot to look up and a lot to relearn, but I'm feeling more confident.

Ok... getting tired. Update on Younger. She called me on Thursday RIGHT BEFORE we were headed to a fun/relaxing weekend. She said that she was moving to Mississippi that night and that she loves and misses me. I told her I couldn't be excited for a decision like that, however, I wished her well, told her she was responsible for her choices and that I love her. I was PISSED!!! There isn't a big enough font for my pissed-ness!!!! I broke down in the driveway at the house when I got home and Hubby'd already left for Nashville. I was crying and I called him and he turned around and came back to give me a hug. What a great guy! He wasn't that far away, but still gets AWESOME points! :-) Anyway, we decided to put it behind us (btw, she only called me and her sister, not her dad or her mom!). I took the hour + drive to Nashvegas to chill out. I went to class on Friday, my phone was about dead when I got back and Hubby was on the phone and talking with his hands. Hmmm... Younger?!? I was right (which means I won my $20 bet with myself! hehe!). She'd changed her mind. She's not moving to Mississipi, but she is coming back to where we live. She's going to get a job here, get ready for the Navy, work on her family and personal relationships, and get her life back on track. WHAT?!?!? :-) Craziness. Welcome "craziness"! I checked my phone later (reason I mentioned it dying) and realized I had a missed call and voicemail. It was from Younger. I'm saving and resaving that message FOREVER! She imparted the same info that Hubby gave me from his call with her, but also added that she's really messed up since coming home from the Program and she's really sorry and really wants to work on everything. WHAT?! :-) Finally! I might get my girlie back. More important than that, she might figure things out for herself without possibly screwing up her life. Older had to learn the VERY hard way. We (to include Older) have never want Younger to learn like that. I'm just glad she's figuring things out before sitting in "big kid" jail. :-)

That's the big update. My fingers are sore b/c I've been typing like a mad woman since I started this. My forearms are even tiing out. I hope everyone's well. Thanks for all the comments and the encouragement. I'm sorry I've been lacking on the commenting/reading lately. I'm going to work on getting better at that as I get into my groove!

Thanks for reading! :-)


PS... My eyebrows are KILLING me!! I just waxed them this afternoon... BTW, i got sunburn today... DON'T DO THIS AT HOME!!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. "She's not moving to Mississipi, but she is coming back to where we live."

    Does this mean she's moving in with you and Hubby again?

    P.S. I knew you weren't stupid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY CRAP!!! My bad.... NO, she's not moving in with us. Did I forget to mention BM lives 8 miles away... fun fun! She and her girlfriend moved in with her mom over the weekend. More to come... Thanks for the not stupid comment :-) hehe!

    ReplyDelete