Tuesday, September 8, 2009

So Much for Studying

Well, I got home from work today at about 3:30. WICKED early for me! I'm usually still at work at 5:30/6 when I should have left at about 4:30. Anyway, I got home, hubby got home soon after me and we were just hanging out. We were watching Oprah and my DEAF hubby actually heard my phone ringing. It was Younger. I answered and she asked if she could come over to see us/hang out. Keep in mind Hubby's seen her once since we booted her, and I've seen her twice. We haven't allowed her back at the house since May.

I told her I'd talk to Hubby and find out. So, we had a quick conversation, he was supposed to leave for the gym by 5:30, so it would be a short visit (and just like a mom who squeezed their kid out, I was to take on all the ride responsibilities), but it might help them get things back on track. So, I picked her and her gf (yes, I said gf... in case i haven't mentioned, Younger switched teams in March) and brought her back here. "Mo" and I went out back and chatted and Younger and her dad sat out front and talked. I'm DYING to know what they talked about and how it went and all that... but Hubby's still at the gym!! :-(

Anyway, she came back in, Hubby left. Younger said some stupid crap that really pissed me off. I got frustrated with her. I told her that it was time to get her to her mom's anyway. I brought the two of them back and she wanted me to come in and see her high school diploma (she's remarkably proud of that) and stuff. I went for a couple minutes, but I was still brewing from her comments, so I came home. "Mo" is a very nice girl (looks EXACTLY like a boy, wouldn't have known except Younger told me she's a girl) and very squared away/level headed/all that. So, Mo asked me to call when I got home safely since it was dusk. Very considerate girl. Anyway, I brewed and thought the whole way home. I finally got home, called, talked to Mo for a minute and then came in the house. My head was still spinning and I finally decided... if we're going to start our relationship over again, I refuse to walk around on eggshells (like I used to) and make my brain maniacal with thoughts centered around a "conversation" that happened 45 minutes prior. I called back and spoke with Younger. I let her know why I was frustrated, what I was thinking and why her comments were hurtful to me. Then I let it go. I might get annoyed later, but at least I'm not brewing anymore. She said she understood, we said goodnight. I feel better. I feel even better since I've come to my group therapy (my blog!) :-)

But, so much for studying. It's 8:35 and my productivity meter is rapidly waning. I supposed I'll get a section of a chapter read about 3 times (while attempting to understand) and maybe a problem or two started. We're pretty far ahead from where we should be as a class anyway, so hopefully tomorrow's "practical application" day. Either way, it's Wednesday and the week's half over! :-)

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are going well with Alyssa and you were able to state your frustrations. Good job!

    Mo sounds like she might be a good influence. Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mean Stepmom. It is good that you were able to state your frustrations. Sounds like it is time for Aly to grow up and part of growing up is being able to hear and listen to someone else's opinions and feelings. My kids tend to forget I'm a person too and not just mom but I'm not shy. I hit them over the head with a 2x4 of facts and feelings when they push too far. It hasn't killed any of them yet.

    Sounds like things are moving along the right path

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully... I do actually think that Mo is a very good influence. She's a great kid and very aware of herself and her attitude/frustrations/feelings. She's very willing to chat and doesn't seem to hide her feelings, so I feel like she's a very good influence.

    I am hoping that Alyssa will sit down and talk with me sometime about where our relationship is going. I guess time will tell. :-)

    ReplyDelete