Wednesday, September 9, 2009

today wasn't horrible

Hi all. I'm procrastinating from my homework. I'm soooo excited, I got something right AGAIN in class! Whoohoo!! These wheels are rusty, but starting to turn again! :-)

Class was pretty crazy. Holy crap! We spent 45 minutes on 1 problem!! Can you imagine what my stupid homework looks like if a guy with a PhD in Physics spent 4 hours on one problem!! Hehe! That's ok... I'm just trudging through it! :-) We have our first test on Monday, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to get all my homework done before Friday's class so I can check it with my classmates. We have a whopping 6 people in our class now!! WOOHOO! :-)

Today is a sad-ish day. It's a day that changed and didn't change Younger's life. Today at 4:23 AM, when she was 15, she gave birth to a 5 month old still-born baby boy. :-( It was about 2 weeks of appts and craziness (her mom bowed out of the process and told me if I didn't take care of her, then no one was going to) and my first couple weeks of hanging out with Younger. We got relatively personal very quickly. I got her tests coordinated, ultrasounds, everything... only to find out in the end he was still born. Well, we found out a week before they induced labor. So, today, 3 years ago, my youngest had a baby boy. It's a rough day for her every year, especially since she's been through so much. In fact, she's calling me now so I can check in with her.

hold one!

Well, she's doing ok. She realized the actual purpose of my call. I didn't bring it up because I was waiting for her too IF she wanted to. She finally said... OH! You called because today's the 9th. I said, yes. Then she told me that she got up this morning, pulled the ultrasound and baby blanket out, cried for a while and then took a break. After that, she busied herself all day! WOOHOO!! What a great reaction. I'm sooo proud of her! Before, when she stressed, she'd do drugs or drink or drugs more. Good for her! :-) She did a good thing for herself today. :-) The 1st and 2nd Anniversary she was in the Program we sent her to, so we knew she wasn't being destructive to herself. This year, I was holding my breath and praying.

Anyway, I finally found my calc book. I had a pretty good day. My hubby and I got about an hour together tonight which has been rare with the school thing. All in all, my girls are safe, sober, and happy/working on being happy, and I have a great (albeit disfunctional) family. :-) With all the crap, I'm still grateful for all the good times and the times together. Till later!

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that Aly made it thru today. I can't imagine how hard that would be.

    Glad you were able to call her today and be there for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I didn't know Aly had been pregnant. What a way to start your stepmom relationship with her! I can't imagine how hard that must have been for both of you. I'm glad she made it through the day with your support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting through days like these is no small feat. I'm glad you made it and you were even able to recognize all the things you have to be grateful for. Thanks for sharing a difficult time in your life with us. Take care - G

    ReplyDelete