Friday, September 18, 2009

i'm back for now... :-)

Hi all... Holy Crap, I've been missing the blog! And missing reading everyone else's blogs too. I've only been able to catch up on You're Not my Real Mom and Dad's Second Whatever so far, but I'm working on it!

School is pretty much harder than I thought it would be. I knew it was going to be hard, but I can't believe the amount of rust on my brain! Silly stuff (to me) that I used to do constantly without even thinking about it are the most difficult equations. Kudos to my Hubby's who's been beyond supportive and tolerant! I think I've purchased at least a book a week, if not two book since class started. I'm very excited because yesterday I got 2 books in from Amazon. I got my Ordinary Differential Equations book AND my Partial Differential Equations book. The first book, I've already taken that class and am just blanking right and left. The Partial DE's book, I dropped that class 1/2 way through the semester b/c it wasn't required and I had a 16% in the class. I should have stuck with it because it turns out the highest grade at the end of the semester was a 26% curved to an A. So, I would have gotten out of there with at least a B. Oh well. Now I need to learn it via self study.

I had my first test this past Monday. I think it went OK... I know I got at least 1 totally wrong. I may find out in class today about my grade. My teacher said that he'd probably have them graded for today. we'll see. Anyway, class is kicking my butt. Chores are being put on hold. I was even doing HW for the first half of our anniversary! Again, Kudos to my husband for his patience and tolerance. :-)

Ok... so a lot has happened in the last couple weeks. My Hubby and I hit the 1 year mark. It's been quite a year too! Last Saturday was our 1st anniversary. It was a jam packed year. Lets see... in 1 year of marriage we:
1) became an insta-family
2) had one of the girls get busted for drugs
2) got a grandson
3) finished up the Program with Younger
4) Younger came to live with us
5) Younger decided to throw her life away again and attempted to bring us down with her
6) Younger continues to waffle... offering us FANTASTIC parenting challenges
7) Got a truck
8) Got a jetski
9) Started camping
10) Started school again
11) Saw our Oldest turn her life around (she has freshman orientation next week!!!)
12) Built some great relationships and tried our best on others

So, it's been a LONG but fast (sometimes) year. Hubby and I went to Nashville for Sat-Sun of our anniversary. It was really nice and really fun. We went to see the musical Wicked! :-) It was SOOOOO good! I loved it! It was fantastic afternoon/evening. I got him pretty drunk... hehe! And we ordered dinner in at midnight. So, all in all, really fun!

Younger decided about 1.5 weeks ago that she was going to go to live with her mom, work on the family relationships, get a job and get her act together before she leaves for the Navy. She even was going to start school in January. That lasted a freaking week. If that. She's back to being a complete moron disregarding her responsibilities as a freaking human being. One of her friends broke in to her mom's house and stole some money. Younger is refusing to realize that she's responsible for the people that she brings to others' homes. She's just being such a little shit! It's obnoxious! I'd never say that to her, because I love her and know deep down she's not a little shit, but she sure is acting like one. So, BM's been calling me and Hubby all week trying to get on the same page and sort all this out. Needless to say, 6 April is not coming fast enough. I can't wait until she gets on that bus. Although, there's a small pool going for how long she'll last. I wouldn't be surprised if she got kicked out very soon after leaving. UGH! Vent over... b/c I'm starting to get pissed again!

So, after we got home from Nashville, my back started seriously acting up. By the time we got home and settled, I was having trouble walking. :-( BOO! I made an appt for Monday and called in sick. Good thing too b/c I could barely walk! I got x-rays taken. My arthritis and degeneration in my spine has gotten worse. BOO! Again! I have basically been working half days, drugged out of my mind! :-) My coworkers find it amusing though, so there's a plus. I'm going back in on Monday to actually SEE my x-rays and then get a referral to a spine specialist. I'm well overdue for my next back surgery (i sound like a car that needs servicing), so I want to see a specialist and see what timeframe we should be looking at. I was supposed to have my 3rd back surgery in Mar 2007. I've been putting it off for a while. :-P So, we'll see. Hopefully I'll be able to get online again soon and give all some updates.

I definitely have missed blogging. I'm glad I was able to steal a few moments to jot this stuff down. I hope everyone's doing well and has a great weekend. Ttyl.

Thanks for reading! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're blogging again. Younger seems to be waffling a lot. Sorry about that...and your back too! I don't know how you juggle school, family, and everything if you're in pain. Hope you're feeling better for the weekend. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you updated. Sounds like you've got a ton going on.
    Keep your eye on the ball and I hope your back feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to read your updates! Hope your back gets better soon.

    LBM xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to stop by and say Hi! Hope you are doing well and feeling better by now. I totally understand the back pain thing - I had a "issue" 2 years ago and I still have to take it easy from time to time. - G

    ReplyDelete