Thursday, November 5, 2009

Still going strong

It's been a good week so far. Somewhat drama filled, but a good week. I'm really enjoying my new found relationship with Younger. We've spent a LOT of time together this week. Monday, she came to work with me to, Tuesday, she asked me to pick her up and bring her back in with me after my MRI, and yesterday, she came in all day too. :-) Actually yesterday was awesome because.....................SHE GOT A JOB!!!! :-) YAYAYAY! I'm really happy about that (so is Younger, of course) because she only had 19 days left to find a job. We gave her a month timeline to get a job from the time she moved in. She's been fervent in her search, and it paid off! I really wanted her to see that hard work and perseverance pays off and she gets to see it for herself! That's so AWESOME! :-)

Anyway, I posted last that I was having a hard time with the phone usage. I spoke with Hubby and D about it. Hubby said to leave it alone as long as it doesn't interfere with the relationships and her responsibilities. Hmm... I see where he's coming from on that, so I've been working on it. D said just about the same thing. I elaborated a bit more with her about how I was worried if/when this GF doesn't work out, Younger won't have any friends b/c she only talks to GF. D said that she'll learn the hard way and only answer questions that Younger might ask concerning relationships and the phone. I'll try it their way for a bit. I've obviously let go of it a bit b/c it didn't really bother me much last night.

So the GF keeps blowing Younger off... For example, I'll call you tomorrow at 2, then doesn't call AT ALL... things like that. Younger's been relatively understanding of circumstances and excuses up to this point, but it's starting to get old to ME, let alone to her. The GF's a nice girl, but it's getting a bit old. They get along well, when they are getting along, but they certainly (to me) argue a lot. One thing I'm afraid of is that Younger's going to get her little heart broken. The other thing I am worried about is that she seems like she's putting all her eggs in one basket. Both of them are broke, jobless (well Younger just got a job, but hasn't started yet), car-less... I just think it's not a fantastic time for them to be in a relationship. I know that's judgemental and it's not my call. I am just writing it down b/c it's my blog and I'll cry if I want to! :-) Seriously, though, if they cooled it for a bit, BOTH got back on their feet and then saw where it went from there, it would be a WHOLE lot more healthy for the two of them. We'll see how things pan out. I stopped by the house at lunch and Younger was on the computer IMing with some other friends. I was glad to see that she's still keeping some sort of connection with her other friends.

Well, this is super long, but I just wanted to update and write some stuff down. I've had a great couple of days. Hubby says it might just be the honeymoon period... I don't care. I'll savour the memories and the time that I have with Younger like this. I also told him as long as the honeymoon lasts until he gets home... I'm good to go! :-) I'm surprising Younger and taking her out to dinner tonight to celebrate her job. She LOVES Chinese food and hasn't had any in a very long time, so I'm bringing her to the China Buffet! I'm not going to tell her where we're going... I'm just going to bring her. I hope she enjoys. :-) Gotta get going!

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Great to hear that she got a job! Hopefully her lack of a car won't put it in jeoporady. It is really sweet that you are taking her out to celebrate. I think showing her all these positive things when she does good will really help her stay on track... i.e. when you get a job and have money, you get to buy your favorite foods, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to younger on the job!

    Wouldn't it be nice if we could keep our kids from having their hearts broken?

    Enjoy your dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo glad she got a job! wish I could get my stepson to do the same. You're coping so well and it's good to hear things are going great! Don't stress too much about her relationship (easier said than done, I know) but she has to figure that out on her own. It usually has a way of working out for the best on its own. I'm loving these positive posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments! I'm SOOO glad to actually feel like I can post positive... espc since this is "supposed to be" my Younger journal! It's been too good, but instead of being skeptical, I'll take it this time!

    As for the job... she'll actually work less than a half a mile away from my job! :-) It's looking like it will work out perfectly. And, my boss(es) are enamoured with her. If a job in my area that she's relatively qualified to do opens up, they're going to give her first refusal... even better for her! I'm keeping my hopes up, just not too high! :-) BTW, we had a GREAT night (phone call ALL night and all!) I love this relationship. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! Great news about Younger getting a job! That's fantastic! Have a great weekend! - G

    ReplyDelete